The 1784 Old Stone School House is temporarily closed.

The oldest standing school building in Newark, this one-room school hosted generations of students between 1784 and 1902. It was moved to the Garden in 1938 from its original location near Weequahic Park. The foundation was built with Newark sandstone, the floorboards were hand-sawed from trees in a local forest, and students provided wood to burn in the cast-iron stove.